Sunday 25 July 2010

Roots Down Under

July 2010

Well, we are having a fantastic amount of fruit and vegetables from the allotment. Courgettes are coming out everywhere, we know for next year not to plant so many.

Peas, Strawberry's, Onions, Garlic, Turnips, picked in abundance.

The Broad Beans have been good but have now been attacked by blackfly. So we have had to put the remainder on the compost, still it has given us a space to put the winter cabbage in now that the seedlings are coming through.

Its good to see the cupboard with home grown vegetables.
The first Potatoes have been picked 3kg (7lb) from just 3 plants. The Runner Beans, Tomatoes etc. are now ready for picking and the Carrots will be ready in a few weeks time. It will be interesting to see if our experiment of growing Carrots in the cardboard of toilet rolls, in the ground, has worked. Apparently, it supposed to protect them from carrotfly and produce better growth. We will see!!!!!!

I need a coffee break now!!!


By the way, did I tell you we are off to Australia tomorrow (Mon. 26th) for 6 weeks. YES, 6 weeks,
cannot wait to see my son Dean, and Rachel and especially my grandchildren,
Charlotte and Jacob

And the allotment!!!!

It's in the capable hands of my daughter Joanne, with Neil and my grandson Joseph.
It also means that I am sorry not be near when Joanne has my new grandson Izac (expected on the 7th August)
Really will be looking forward to seeing everyone when we get back.

Speak to you in September


No comments:

Post a Comment