Tuesday 27 April 2010

Finally, plants in the ground. Well almost!!!!!!!!!!

April 2010
Sorry it's nearly been a month since my last Blog but the cold weather has still continued to delay us putting vegetable seedlings into the ground. But finally ...........
We have started to take plants out of the greenhouse and the sun is shining!!
So we have planted out:
Broad Beans, Garlic, Onions, Strawberries, Rhubarb and Peas. Hard work.
I need a break
Early Potatoes are also in the ground, honest, you can see where I have watered them.
But it wasn't all going ok. The Runner Beans we planted out were doing really well until two nights of frost. Tragedy. Well almost, I dug them out of the ground, replanted them in trays and then back into the greenhouse. What a sorry sight!
I think we saved them, just in time, you can now see new shoots.
I need another break

We still have plants in the greenhouse and the cold frame, (at least for the next couple of weeks) they are: Carrots, Sweetcorn and Courgettes.
We still have seedlings to plant out when ready, such as Turnips, Leeks, Couliflower and Sprouts. Once we have emptied the greenhouse we can then repot the tomatoes and Peppers as these will need the room inside. There's lots still to do.
I need another Break!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are finally planting this years vegetables, great.
Lets see how it goes?

1 comment: